Held securely within our mothers’ wombs, we begin our lives. Reminders of that first embrace, whether big or small, move us.
My prayer response:
God, I breathe in the beauty of a volcanic crater filled with water, plant and animal life, and history. I breathe out gratitude. I breathe in greens, blues, browns and whites. I breathe out hope and strength. Thank You for holding me within these moments of deep connection and appreciation.
- Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds. He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. Hebrews 1:1-3
- that his left hand were under my head, and that his right hand embraced me!
- Our steps are made firm by the LORD, when he delights in our way;
- though we stumble, we shall not fall headlong, for the LORD holds us by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24
- I am continually with you God; you hold my right hand. Psalm 73:23
Invitation to prayer:
What prayers are emerging from your heart, mind, and body?
Pray them now.
Photos: Rano Kau Crater, Easter Island (Pacific Ocean)